'A learning community - encouraging success, celebrating achievement, strengthened by God'
Monks Risborough Church of England Primary School strives to be a highly inclusive, forward thinking and thriving environment, enabling all children to make excellent progress and achieve their full academic potential.
Within our school we place great importance on children’s spiritual, personal, social and cultural development combining highly effective learning with personal growth. We have high expectations for outstanding behaviour to ensure that all children have the opportunities to succeed. This is supported by our strong Christian ethos and close links with our local Church.
At Monks Risborough, we are developing an outstanding curriculum within our unique environment. Our child centred approach to learning, is built to achieve purposeful and enriching key learning outcomes. These outcomes provide each child with an exciting focus for their learning, developing skills that are necessary for today’s world and instilling a lifelong love of learning.
Our school’s Christian values underpin our school life and curriculum. They guide all members of the school’s community in their thoughts and behaviours. Our core curriculum values are:-
- In-conjunction with our school values, the vision is underpinned by the following set of curriculum foundations. These enable us to make the most of our locality and its community:-
- Locality – to understand our local environment and the resources we have within
- Community – to develop and share personal skills within the school and the wider community
- Citizenship - to develop a personal and social understanding of the Christian faith recognising how this impacts on our lives and the lives of others
- Sustainability – to appreciate the natural resources of our local environment and the world and how we can conserve them for future use
- Environment – to build on the opportunities that our local environment presents
- Innovation – being innovative,embracing new teaching ideas and research to find new opportunities to create a thriving learning environment
- Child centred – providing opportunities for children to lead learning
- Inclusivity – every child is challenged in their learning with opportunities to access the curriculum equally
- Outcomes – all learning is purposeful with clear objectives.